Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
Norse Atlantic Airways is a newly established airline offering affordable fares on long-haul flights between Europe and the United States.
We are looking for a passionate and self-driven Senior Legal Counsel to join our team.
If you have a strong understanding of the aviation business, a business mindset, and the drive to provide practical solutions you may be the right candidate for this exciting position.
You will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and interact with passionate colleagues of all seniority levels and business areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing general legal and regulatory advice and identifying risk and aversion measures for Norse and its group companies to ensure compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- Review, draft and negotiate complex international agreements and transaction documents covering all aspects of Norse and its group company`s operations and activities.
- Where necessary liaise with and manage external legal counsels in a cost-efficient way.
- Formulate and draft compliance documents, policies and guidelines.
- Generally, take ownership and advise on a wide range of legal aspects typically related to an international airline including contract law, employment law, data protection, consumer rights and antitrust.
Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified lawyer with a good mix of experience in private practice in a lawfirm and in the airline industry.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the aviation industry ideally in an international airline.
- Strong understanding of the civil law legal system and the common-law legal system especially related to contract drafting.
- Prior exposure to aircraft leases, maintenance agreements, charter, cargo, passenger protection regulations, data protection, Intellectual Property Rights, litigation, employment matters on a global scale and other industry related legal matters.
- Result oriented proactive self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision with a strong commercial sense and business mindset.
- Solution driven with a strong understanding of the airline business.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Teamplayer with a good sense of humor.
- The possibility of being part of a highly motivated international team of experts.
- The unique chance to play an important part in building a successful international airline.
- A success driven, positive work environment with modern offices located at our head office in Arendal, Norway.
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage
Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breathe:
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to send an email to:
Please note: you have 2 days from submission to edit your cover letter before it can no longer be changed.
Deadline: 27th May