Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
It is an exciting time to work for Norse. In our effort to give our passengers an amazing experience travelling with us, we are as committed to make sure our employees are well taken care of too.
By working at Norse you will have the opportunity to grow your career and also help shaping the company’s operational capabilities, while being part of a team of extraordinary people. If you are passionate about aviation, this is a great opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a growing airline like Norse. We are looking for motivated and reliable colleagues in our OCC team at our Headquarters in Arendal, Norway.
Crew Controller is an important part of the airline operations team. As Norse grows and evolves, you can expect to have the opportunity to get involved in different tasks, including more responsibility and promotion opportunities, within the airline operations team. The position will report to the OCC crew manager.
We offer a commutable contract for successful candidates:
5 days ON, 11 days OFF, 5 days ON, 5 days OFF, 4 Days on 5 OFF (5/11/5/5/4/5)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completion of the short-term crew planning in the daily operation based on EASA regulations, crew qualifications and operational requirements
- Organization and Optimization of crew dispositions
- Monitor the duty and rest times of the crew members
- Processing sick leave and vacation requests (crew members) and standby activation - Contact person for the crews /telephone
- Strong collaboration with Crew Planning, OCC Control, Ground Control, Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Training department and People
- Arrange, oversee, and adjust crew proceedings, transfers, and hotels
- Preparation of internal and CAA (civil aviation authority) reports
- In absence of Crew Planning/Crew travel/Crew training on the weekends, processing the long-term changes and requests if necessary
- Administrative Activities
Skills and Experience
- Ability and right to live and work in Norway
- At least two (2) years of experience in crew control, crew planning, logistical planning, or a similar position
- Very good knowledge of EASA, crewing related systems, booking systems and MS Office
- Previous experience with PDC Airline Suite will be appreciated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Communicative and friendly personality with high assertiveness
- Ability to Multitask/balance conflicting priorities
- Willingness to conduct shift work (morning, late and night duty), 365 days a year
- Strong social skills and team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- The possibility of being part of a great team, working together to build one of the most exciting new airlines
- An informal and positive work environment
- Modern offices located at our head office in Arendal, Norway
- ID travel throughout our network giving employees the opportunity to travel
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage.
Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breathe.
- Be inclusive
- Take ownership
- Show kindness
Deadline: 14th February 2023.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: you have 2 days from submission to edit your cover letter before it can no longer be changed.