Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
OCC Controller is an integral part of the airline operations team. This is an important position in the OCC and will be integral to building up the team’s capabilities in Norse's start-up phase since take-off June 2022. Joining Norse at this early phase means you will be heavily involved in the shaping of the Company’s operational capabilities. As Norse grows and evolves, you can expect to have the opportunity to get involved in different tasks, including more responsibility and promotion opportunities, within the airline operations team.
The position will report to the OCC Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall management of the daily flight programme, operational control and supervision of all flights.
- Respond to minimise the impact of irregularities and disruptions by developing and implementing solutions.
- Act as a central point of coordination and communication with OCC Manager, Crew Control, Maintenance Control, crews, handling agents and authorities.
- Completion and filing of operational flight plans considering ETOPS, NAT HLA and OTS tracks and ensure the safe and efficient operation of company aircraft.
- Checking and monitoring weather data, NOTAM, ANM and ATC information.
- Inflight assistance on request of crew (delivery of weather/ATC information, recalculation of operational flight plans, performance calculations etc.)
- Independent organisation of handling, fueling, catering etc.
- Ad-hoc coordination of airport slots, overflight permits and traffic rights.
- Initiate and act according to the Emergency Response Plan.
- Report any irregularities which lead to excessive delays, added expenses or violations to the OCC Manager.
- Ad-hoc replacement of crew members in absence of Crew Control
- Document and record all events and relevant information on the shift log.
- Additional duties as assigned by the OCC Manager
Skills and Experience
- Ability and right to live and work in Norway.
- Professional experience as a flight dispatcher with associated license (FAA, LBA or comparable qualification)
- Comprehensive understanding of all areas of airline operations.
- Knowledge of OCC related systems, ETOPS, navigation, meteorology and air traffic control.
- Previous experience with PPS flight planning system and PDC Airline Suite will be appreciated.
- Ability to manage workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, proactive decision making and a high level of teamwork.
- Ability to work shifts as well as weekends and public holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The possibility of being part of a great team, working together to build one of the most exciting new airlines.
- An informal and positive work environment.
- Modern offices located at our head office in Arendal, Norway.
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage.
Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breathe:
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to send an email to:
Please note: you have 2 days from submission to edit your cover letter before it can no longer be changed.
Deadline : 14th February