Procurement Category Manager
Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging
Procurement Category Manager is an integral part of the Finance and Procurement Department.
It’s a unique opportunity as joining the organisation at this stage will enable you to play an essential part in building up our team’s capabilities.
Joining Norse at this early phase means you will be heavily involved in the shaping of the Company’s operational capabilities. As Norse grows and evolves, you can expect to have the opportunity to get involved in different tasks, including more responsibility and promotion opportunities, within the Finance and Procurement Department.
The position will report to the Supply Chain Manager
Responsibilities and duties
- To design and lead a sourcing strategy across various specific spend categories and deliver cost saving benefits to the Airline.
- Build a strong network in your Category supplier network both at a regional and international level.
- Ensure adherence to the Procurement Process within corporate governance guidelines across all categories within the remit.
- Perform detailed analytics of spend within your category, identifying cost reduction opportunities, and implementing plans to capture the savings.
- Lead & Manage the Procurement tendering process from concept to contract signature.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, from initial drafting to execution.
- Ensure ongoing Supplier Relationship Management of suppliers as required.
- Management of internal and external stakeholders, to ensure delivery of key objectives in line with Business Strategy
Skills and qualifications
- Post Secondary Education with a business or aviation related focus preferred.
- 3-5 years Procurement experience, ideally within an Airline/Airport sector.
- High degree of competency in MS Office especially Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and numerical reasoning, good analytical skills.
- Ability to present to and influence key stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of negotiating contracts, with minimum additional support.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and challenge stakeholders in order to understand and transform their requirements into measurable, cost effective deliverables from RFP to contract.
- The possibility of being part of a great team, working together to build one of the most exciting new airlines
- An informal and positive work environment
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage.
Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breathe:
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to send an email to:
Please note you have 2 days from submission to edit your cover letter before it can no longer be changed.
Start date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: 20th June
- Employment type
Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
What does it mean to be a part of Team Norse?
You need to be passionate about people. Both your colleagues and our customers. We believe in creating a workplace where we value diversity, where we all feel like an important and valued member of team Norse.
At Norse, we are going to build a high-performance culture together with all our colleagues. We believe in the benefit of fostering a growth mindset.
We will deliver excellent customer experience at competitive prices, onboard our comfortable and more environmentally friendly Dreamliners.
Would you like to be a part of team Norse?
There will be plenty of jobs at Norse, so please Connect for relevant job updates
Procurement Category Manager
Loading application form